17 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   MBC

MBC

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 197 posts

Posted 27 March 2008 - 09:42 PM

Hi Guys

Was chatting with a player from ROI at FRV last week and he was telling me about a great Airsot Store just outside of dublin?

Any one have any ideas?
    Posted Image

#2 OFFLINE   Beast

Beast

• Members
    • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
    • 4,057 posts

Posted 27 March 2008 - 09:45 PM

Hi Guys

Was chatting with a player from ROI at FRV last week and he was telling me about a great Airsot Store just outside of dublin?

Any one have any ideas?

There are 3 main ones atm.

Eirsoft

Main Irish Airsoft - I'd assume this is the biggest.

Go Tactical Ltd - Don't know anything about this place, but it's quite new.

Furthermore, I would urge one and all to buy my autobiography "when I put the barrel on the bonnet, even though it was meant to be on the boot".

Posted Image

#3 OFFLINE   Azrael

Azrael

Jesus loves you, everyone else thinks you're a c*nt.

• Members
    • PipPipPip
    • 459 posts

Posted 28 March 2008 - 08:34 AM

Only been to MIA myself, friendly guys (even gave me loose change for the M50 toll-bridge!).
    Would recommend, if you are looking for something in particular check with them if its in stock, coz everything just flies out.

Seems like the prices for aeg's at Go Tactical are a bit on the high side.

Havent dealt with Eirsoft, but what I've read they are good.
    Superman wears Jack Bauer PJ's.

'Give me back the board, lance. It was a good board and I liked it.
    Do you know how hard it is to get a good board in Vietnam?'

'What is green and eats nuts? Syphilis...'

#4 OFFLINE   mafiaboy

mafiaboy

• Members
    • PipPip
    • 180 posts

Posted 28 March 2008 - 09:45 AM

iv been to M.I.A now a fue times and as azrael says things fly out of his shop heard storys of gear coming in to his shop on a pallet and lads looking tru it to see if there gear has come...
    got my first gun off eirsoft and he came down to me in kildare to show me what he had...
    never heard off GO TACTICAL..........
    WWW.AIRSOFTTACTICALFORCE.NET
    www.bebo.com/nupnag

#5 OFFLINE   AKhead

AKhead

I'm just a cook

• Members
    • PipPipPip
    • 356 posts

Posted 28 March 2008 - 05:08 PM

The Irish News Friday 28 March, page 22
    There's a write up on "Go Tactical"

No scanner though, sorry.
    "Hand to hand the basis to all combat only a fool trusts his to a weapon."
    Ninja Mgs1

"Your best? losers always whine about their best, winners go home and F%*$ the prom queen"
    The Rock.

Posted Image

#6 OFFLINE   felchspoon

felchspoon

• Members
    • Pip
    • 41 posts

Posted 29 March 2008 - 08:33 PM

I have used eirsoft and MIA and both are great the blokes all freindly and what not i love MIA because i can walk in and drool to my heart is content, the missus only lets me go now and then though :( :whip:

#7 OFFLINE   mafiaboy

mafiaboy

• Members
    • PipPip
    • 180 posts

Posted 31 March 2008 - 09:35 AM

yeah same here
    www.bebo.com/nupnag

#8 OFFLINE   Spriggan

Spriggan

Something something something darkside.

• Members
    • PipPipPip
    • 424 posts

Posted 01 April 2008 - 06:26 PM

Go Tactical's a new place in Bray, Co. Wicklow. I hear he's giving special discounts to teams. Tony in Eirsoft is a top man and I have to back down to him again. Heard good things about M.I.A from John who runs Drogheda Airsoft, some friends have dealt with them already and I should be heading to the shop myself in the next week or so. There's also Irishairsoftsupplies.ie. I don't think they have a shop but you can collect your order at HRTA in Co. Swords. Man, we've gotten a lot of shops all of a sudden.
    'Go, tell the Spartans, stranger passing by,
    That here, obedient to their laws, we lie.'

Simonides of Ceos

'All the war-propaganda, all the screaming and lies and hatred, comes invariably from people who are not fighting.'
    George Orwell

#9 OFFLINE   mafiaboy

mafiaboy

• Members
    • PipPip
    • 180 posts

Posted 02 April 2008 - 09:32 AM

Go Tactical's a new place in Bray, Co. Wicklow. I hear he's giving special discounts to teams. Tony in Eirsoft is a top man and I have to back down to him again. Heard good things about M.I.A from John who runs Drogheda Airsoft, some friends have dealt with them already and I should be heading to the shop myself in the next week or so. There's also Irishairsoftsupplies.ie. I don't think they have a shop but you can collect your order at HRTA in Co. Swords. Man, we've gotten a lot of shops all of a sudden.

thank god more and more shops are opening im in kildare and its hard to get stuff hope one opens down hint hint to any retailers newbridge greet place
    www.bebo.com/nupnag

#10 OFFLINE   Spriggan

Spriggan

Something something something darkside.

• Members
    • PipPipPip
    • 424 posts

Posted 02 April 2008 - 06:22 PM

thank god more and more shops are opening im in kildare and its hard to get stuff hope one opens down hint hint to any retailers newbridge greet place

Indeed it's good news all round. But even if you're not close to any of the shops there's always internet shopping. The up side of dealing with Irish suppliers online is all the gear's already in the country and has been downgraded to legal limits. So no problems with customs. Plus it's only a few days wait.
    Also I hear tell of a shop in Navan selling airsoft guns. More info when I get it.
    'Go, tell the Spartans, stranger passing by,
    That here, obedient to their laws, we lie.'

Simonides of Ceos

'All the war-propaganda, all the screaming and lies and hatred, comes invariably from people who are not fighting.'
    George Orwell

#11 OFFLINE   Gek

Gek

New Recruit

• Members
    • 7 posts

Posted 10 May 2008 - 02:40 AM

Go Tactical is just outside bray the guys in there are really helpful the prices might be a bit high but all the stuff is top quality most of it is classic army no cheap replicas

#12 OFFLINE   Liquid_snake

Liquid_snake

One step beyond!

• Members
    • PipPipPipPipPip
    • 1,095 posts

Posted 17 May 2008 - 01:21 PM

If you go down to ROI and buy an airsoft gun, does it have to conform to VCRA if you are a UK citizen? it would be great if it didnt....

#13 OFFLINE   Beast

Beast

• Members
    • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
    • 4,057 posts

Posted 17 May 2008 - 02:53 PM

No, the VCRA does not apply to the ROI.

However, if you did bring a gun that you bought in the South up here, then it would be classed as importing, which still does require you to be over 18, and be able to prove that you can use the airsoft defence.

Furthermore, I would urge one and all to buy my autobiography "when I put the barrel on the bonnet, even though it was meant to be on the boot".

Posted Image

#14 OFFLINE   Liquid_snake

Liquid_snake

One step beyond!

• Members
    • PipPipPipPipPip
    • 1,095 posts

Posted 17 May 2008 - 03:54 PM

Dammit. I hate the UK, but aint anything I can do about it....got another question though, can I go to an airsoft site and get registered even though I'm not 18? or would it be completely pointless?

:sniper: Gordon Brown

#15 OFFLINE   Beast

Beast

• Members
    • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
    • 4,057 posts

Posted 17 May 2008 - 04:17 PM

I'm sure you could, but yeah, it would be pretty pointless.

Posted Image

#16 OFFLINE   Malek

Malek

rawr...

• Members
    • PipPipPipPipPip
    • 1,562 posts

Posted 17 May 2008 - 05:35 PM

No, the VCRA does not apply to the ROI.

However, if you did bring a gun that you bought in the South up here, then it would be classed as importing, which still does require you to be over 18, and be able to prove that you can use the airsoft defence.

so what would you need to do to keep legal in regards to bring guns up hear yourself?? i have a little trip down south planned next month and was planning on checking some of the shops out n maybe buying something.
    Posted Image

Malek- Louis, its saturday night, why are you on msn bothering me instead of going out and getting laid
    Louis - kerbache thats the gayest thing ive ever heard you say

I really want you to do volunteer work for the samaritans Malek.

#17 OFFLINE   Beast

Beast

• Members
    • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
    • 4,057 posts

Posted 17 May 2008 - 05:39 PM

As long as you can provide evidence if that your a skirmisher if asked by law, then it's fine - and your over 18.

E.g Site Registration, UKARA registration etc.

No legal method has been specifically said, but those are the main things that customs have said to use.

Posted Image

#18 OFFLINE   Liquid_snake

Liquid_snake

One step beyond!

• Members
    • PipPipPipPipPip
    • 1,095 posts

Posted 17 May 2008 - 09:15 PM

I'm sure it would be very easy to smuggle over, seeing as the guns can not only be taken apart and hidden, but ROI+NI have been at it 78+ years...not that I'm gonna try anythin like that, just pointing out obvious flaws. I reckon that customs and border patrol don't give a damn anyway, you could probably just drive over and back without seein a single Garda and so forth...but the laws the law, better to follow it than risk jail for an airsoft gun. Thanks for the advice Beast.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users