• Please log in to reply
15 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   Beren

Beren

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,087 posts

Posted 23 May 2005 - 09:54 PM

For anyone thinking of getting a shemagh, I found this useful site on how to properly wear a shemagh.

This will also be of use to new players getting their kit together, as I found it easier to wear a half mask and shemagh cos I wear glasses.

#2 OFFLINE   Hightower

Hightower

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 383 posts

Posted 23 May 2005 - 09:58 PM

At last!!!

Now i don't have to annoy your brother everytime i want to put mine on!! :blush:

Regards

Kevin
    Posted Image

Panzer 13

"The battlefield is a scene of constant chaos. The winner will be the one who controls that chaos, both his own and the enemies."

#3 OFFLINE   Phil

Phil

Ping!

• Admin
    • PipPipPipPipPip
    • 1,394 posts

Posted 23 May 2005 - 10:25 PM

I also found this image a while back. Enjoy

Attached File  shemagh.jpg   127.43K   1792 downloads

#4 OFFLINE   Beren

Beren

• Banned
    • PipPipPipPipPip
    • 1,087 posts

Posted 24 May 2005 - 07:01 AM

Phil, that is also the way I tie my shemagh, though the new one that I found looks better for the wrap around the forehead.

#5 OFFLINE   caboose

caboose

• Members
    • Pip
    • 17 posts

Posted 24 May 2005 - 11:01 AM

thanks guys, myself and the lads were all trying to do ours up last sat nite pissed as farts whilst looking on the net!

these pics make alot more sense!

:D

#6 OFFLINE   badwitchproject

badwitchproject

All's fair when you love to war.

• Members
    • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
    • 4,679 posts

Posted 24 May 2005 - 06:20 PM

At last!!!

Now i don't have to annoy your brother everytime i want to put mine on!! :blush:

Regards

Kevin

View Post

Lol it was never any bother mate, I just thought it was funny cause of the height difference.

"This, I realized now watching Dienekes rally and tend to his men, was the role of the officer: to prevent those under his command, at all stages of battle – before, during, and after – from becoming “possessed.” To fire their valor when it flagged and rein in their fury when it threatened to take them out of hand. That was Dienekes’ job. That was why he wore the transverse-crested helmet of an officer. His was not, I could see now, the heroism of an Achilles. He was not a superman who waded invulnerably into the slaughter, singlehandedly slaying his foe by myriads. He was just a man doing his job. A job whose primary attribute was self-restraint and self-composure, not for his own sake, but for those he led by his example. A job whose objective could be boiled down to the single understatement, as he did at the Hot Gates on the morning he died, of “performing the commonplace under uncommonplace conditions."

-Steven Pressfield, Gates of Fire

Red Cell is watching you

#7 OFFLINE   Beren

Beren

• Banned
    • PipPipPipPipPip
    • 1,087 posts

Posted 29 May 2005 - 05:54 PM

dammit, i went to try it and noticed my scim scraf has gone, bollocks

ps, shouldnt this be in the camo section  :unsure:

View Post

Well, firstly, as I am a relatively inexperienced Airsofter, I believe this is pertinent to both equipment and gear (not camo) and new players who do not have much knowledge and feel embarrassed about asking the more experience folk.

Secondly, not to be too harsh, this post relates to shemaghs, not scrim. Scrim is worn in a completely different way, albeit has a variety of uses, a scrim is not a shemagh (head wrap).

If this is in the wrong forum, let a moderator decide.

#8 OFFLINE   Dez

Dez

• Members
    • PipPip
    • 174 posts

Posted 03 June 2005 - 03:02 PM

Scrim nets can be worn in this way and work rather well, i tried it last night for a laugh.

The green is good as general camo, hide the bright skin, and the holes mean it won't get as hot as a shemagh. bit of ventilation, ey?

I've decided not to buy a shemagh now, cus i can use my scrim net as such lol.
    Posted Image
    Posted Image

#9 OFFLINE   Beren

Beren

• Banned
    • PipPipPipPipPip
    • 1,087 posts

Posted 04 June 2005 - 07:37 PM

A scrim can be worn any way you choose to wear it, I posted regarding the wearing of a Shemagh! scrim should not really have been mentioned in the first place. I also do not need idiots gloating over some trivial comparison Snipor, that is not very constructive now is it?

If there is a moderator who wishes to remove any non constructive posts, please feel free to do so, though leave the post from dez as it is beneficial to everyone, as not all have Shemagh's.

#10 OFFLINE   Snakebite

Snakebite

Retired Forum Admin

• Members
    • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
    • 4,231 posts

Posted 04 June 2005 - 08:50 PM

All off topic or non constructive posts have been removed.

Try to keep this relevant gentlemen and without childishness please.
    I have now retired as the administrator of ASI, and I leave the forums in the most capable hands of Casper , Phil, Liquid and Drake. Please do not PM regarding the running or moderating of the forums as I no longer participate in either. Thank you.

#11 OFFLINE   Beren

Beren

• Banned
    • PipPipPipPipPip
    • 1,087 posts

Posted 04 June 2005 - 08:57 PM

Thanks for your help there Snakebite.

I must mention that in the coming months, especially after today, a shemagh is maybe a little too much gear and might be best worn as a scarf aroung your neck to help stop bbs hitting the side of your head.

#12 OFFLINE   Snakebite

Snakebite

Retired Forum Admin

• Members
    • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
    • 4,231 posts

Posted 04 June 2005 - 09:11 PM

Personally I would never be without my Shemagh regardless of the climate.

I find it very useful to keep the sun of the back of my neck on those rare sunny days. I also find it makes a great sweat towel and is useful for cleaning your glasses, scope etc in the field.

Basically if its not on me its in my right bdu pocket.
    I have now retired as the administrator of ASI, and I leave the forums in the most capable hands of Casper , Phil, Liquid and Drake. Please do not PM regarding the running or moderating of the forums as I no longer participate in either. Thank you.

#13 OFFLINE   Beren

Beren

• Banned
    • PipPipPipPipPip
    • 1,087 posts

Posted 04 June 2005 - 09:28 PM

Ah, the mind boggles with uses for a shemagh. And me a speccy sod, I should have known that too.

#14 OFFLINE   Dez

Dez

• Members
    • PipPip
    • 174 posts

Posted 04 June 2005 - 09:58 PM

sigh, i wish i had a smemagh or scrim on today over my face. that sinper round to the cheek really smarts, remember kids, wear face protection!

Edited by Dez, 04 June 2005 - 09:58 PM.

Posted Image
    Posted Image

#15 OFFLINE   Snakebite

Snakebite

Retired Forum Admin

• Members
    • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
    • 4,231 posts

Posted 05 June 2005 - 02:41 AM

Ah, the mind boggles with uses for a shemagh.  And me a speccy sod, I should have known that too.

View Post

#

Absolutley Eamon, they are one serious bit of kit. You can use them to strain water, to camoflague a gun or a small hide and even as a sling should you be unfortunate to break your arm!

#16 OFFLINE   Beren

Beren

• Banned
    • PipPipPipPipPip
    • 1,087 posts

Posted 05 June 2005 - 07:08 AM

even as a sling should you be unfortunate to break your arm!

View Post

Not that you are recommending anyone to actually go break their arm to try this! :D

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users